The first journal that I ever kept was when I was in high school. I was given one before my youth group at church left for a one week mission trip to Moore, Oklahoma. That attempt at journaling went much like this blog has...or hasn't. I guess only time will tell if I will able to revive this blog to at least a semi-regular update schedule, but for now at least, I just needed to write something.
It has been almost 5 months now since Jackie and I arrived in Poland, and things are good here. We really love what we do, and any doubts that I may have had about coming are gone. Jackie has kept a fairly decent blog record of the past five months, so I will spare the details for now. Rather, I feel I need to process through a few thoughts that are rolling around in my head.
In the Bible, James says to "consider it pure joy whenever you face trials of many kinds." C.S. Lewis says that man would not know what a straight line was if he had no conception of a crooked line. In other words, sometimes we have to experience "bad" for us to more fully understand and appreciate "good" (my paraphrase).
Recently, some past temptation began resurfacing in my life. Again, there is no need for detail here, because I need to let it go, suffice to say that I promptly resorted to my usual method of confronting said temptation -- which is non-confrontation and secrecy. I should know better, but old habits die hard. It is often so much easier for me to simply ignore problems when they come up, but it always has the same consequence.
When food starts molding, you can't just ignore it, or the mold will spread out of control. The only option is to get rid of it.
In life, the only way to do this is to face our problems openly and to trust God for healing. And you know, the craziest thing happens when your honest with yourself and turn to God -- He responds!
Hosea 6: 1-3
Micah 7: 7-9
Wednesday, January 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment